No, there are no “surprise” charges. We stipulate on your tour or package what’s included and what’s not included. There are no extra fees or surcharges.
We understand that you may not access to a printer, so it is not necessary to have a printed copy. However, we require that you show ID matching your reservation and also the Order # that is immediately emailed to you after you make your reservation. If purchasing a tour from our tour shop, you will be given a voucher that should be presented to the guide at the start of the tour.
Please contact us to get the latest information on your desired trip.
Entry Requirements to Belize as per the Belize Tourism Board Regulations:
- Passengers who provide certification of a negative test result from a Covid-19 PCR test done within 72 hours of travel will be allowed immediate entry into Belize via a ‘fast track’ lane for further health screening including temperature check.
- Passengers who do not provide a negative Covid-19 test, must test upon arrival in Belize, at the passenger’s expense. A negative test result will allow entry into Belize.
- Passengers who test positive for Covid-19 at the Belize International Airport will be placed in mandatory quarantine for a minimum period of 14 days at the passenger’s expense.
All arriving passengers to Belize will be required to:
- Wear a mask during the entire landing, deplaning, arrival and departure process, and while inside the airport.
- Undergo temperature checks using non-contact digital infrared thermometers or Thermal Imaging Cameras.
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines in all queues for health checks, immigration, and customs inspections.
- Follow and respond to the comprehensive, pro-active, contact tracing guidelines to facilitate an appropriate and rapid response from health officials should Covid-19 symptoms develop.
- Utilize the sanitizing stations to sanitize hands frequently and facilitate other health screening requirements on arrival.
What to Expect as you Interact in the Country:
- increased sanitation requirements (hand-washing, disinfection)
- mask policies where masks are required
- face shields and/or desk shield barriers
- social distancing requirements enforced particularly where groups gather (airport, lobbies, restaurants, tours)
Wear comfortable clothing. It is recommended to have a sturdy pair of broken-in trail shoes, boots, or sneakers. It is preferable to dress in clothing that will wick away perspiration and keep you dry and comfortable. Some tours specify certain requirements (such as socks on ATM and long pants on Black Hole Drop) – please review your tour information carefully and be sure to ask if you have any questions.
A day pack to carry towels, change of clothes, etc comes in handy. River tours are comfortable with water shoes and rash guards (but t-shirts and sneakers that you don’t mind getting wet are just fine).
On the islands, a large brimmed hat, sunshades, sunblock are vacation-savers.
In the jungle, very lightweight long pants, and lightweight long sleeve shirts over tank tops are comfortable. On some jungle tours, knee-high or short pants are fine.
Currency: everyone in Belize accepts US$ dollars. Most major hotels, tour shops, and stores accept credit card – but on-site and remote gift shops and vendors do not have credit card facilities – a little extra cash comes in handy.
Cruise Tour Notes: If your ship does not port, or passengers are unable to disembark due to ship policy, we’ll issue an immediate and full refund. We’ll also issue a full and immediate refund in the event we are required to cancel your tour due to weather or other conditions.
Tours: We’ll issue a full and immediate refund in the event we are required to cancel your tour for any reason. You may cancel at least 2 days in advance without penalty. Between 48 and 24 hours, cancellations are subject to a $50 cancellation fee. There is no refund on tours canceled within 24 hours or for “no-shows”.
Packages: We’ll issue a full refund on cancellations made 90 days in advance. 50% refund on cancellations made at least 60 days in advance. No refunds on cancellations made less than 45-30 days in advance. Please consider Trip Insurance as a protective measure.
Yes. Reservations are required for guaranteed spots on all tours. Reservations help us determine the number of guides we need to ensure that our groups remain manageable and enjoyable, and they allow us to notify you of changes to the tour due to weather or anything that could interrupt a tour.
Tours: We require a 50% deposit to confirm your tour – the balance is payable in cash on tour day.
Packages: We require a 50% deposit to confirm your package – the balance is payable 30 days before arrival.
Yes, we do require that a liability waiver is signed. We have recently updated our waiver to include statements on Covid19. The release will be presented to you for your review and signature at confirmation.
A little rain can’t stop the party! It’s Belize so do expect a little tropical rain now and again. If adverse weather conditions arise, your tour may be canceled or postponed. We take the weather seriously and will not venture out in unsafe conditions. Our national tour association issues advisories on tour closure. If we cancel your tour, we will issue you a full refund. Please note that “no-shows” are non-refundable. Where a tour must be canceled, we’ll do our best to provide you with an acceptable alternate tour, with no obligation.