- Location: San Ignacio, Western Highway
- Description: Combination Tour
- Recommended Wear: Hiking boots or sneakers
- Combine With: Xunantunich, Zoo, Cave Tube, Horseback, or Kayak
- Level: Easy - Moderate (some walking & stair climbing)
Cahal Pech is located on the southern outskirts of San Ignacio Town in the upper Belize Valley region of the Cayo District. The site center sits on the crest of a steep hill on the west bank of the Macal River. The central acropolis, approximately 900 feet above sea level, provides a commanding view of the Maya Mountains to the south and the fertile valleys of the Belize River to the northeast Cahal Pech is a site with an unpropitious Maya name meaning "Place of the Ticks." This ceremonial center includes temples, palaces, and a ball court.